Saturday, October 1, 2011

We're in the Garden - Part 3

An impromptu take on a Belgian white from The Complete Joy of Homebrewing
ABV: Unknown
IBU: Unknown

Ramius and the brew!
Well, we finally got together to bottle our Belgian White. Hilary, Ramius, and I ran to HopToIt! and picked up some corn sugar for bottling before heading back to my place to get down to business. The bottling process went much more quickly than the Primal Porter since two sets of hands were working, and I was greatly pleased with the pace we made. Really, the only tedious/time-consuming portion of the bottling process was (as always) sanitizing everything. I really need to invest in a bottle tree, as you can clearly see...

Anyhow, we ended up coming out with a final product of 49 bottles, which is consistent with the average of four dozen bottles per 5-gallon brew. We took Charlie's advice this time and put a coriander seed in each bottle to enhance its flavor. I should also be noted that I put the coriander seeds in the microwave for ~20 seconds to kill anything on them to prevent any bacterial contamination. Needless to say, both Hilary and I are extraordinarily excited to taste this brew. The smell itself was intoxicating and quite a tease during the entire bottling process.

The day of bottling. Note the deep amber coloration.

No comments:

Post a Comment