Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Whoop Moffit Vienna Lager - Part 2

A significant variation on a German Lager from The Complete Joy of Homebrewing
O.G.: Unknown - whoops!
F.G.: Unknown

Transferred the lager from its primary fermentation bucket to its secondary fermentation carboy today. Was a breeze of a process, with no hardships, mishaps, or notable occurrences. I wanted to transfer it a few days ago, but ran out of time. Fermentation activity subsided about three days ago, so I'm pretty sure that the brew won't be affected by any nasty yeast flavorings.

Also, as you'll note in the photograph to the side, I have decided to use my fridge to maintain a constant lagering temperature. I know that it isn't imperative that it remains at ~50 degrees Fahrenheit, but I easily made room in the fridge and hope that it improves the overall flavor of the brew. I will include my impression of both giving up 1/2 of my fridge to a carboy and its effects on the brew when I give a tasting review.

No comments:

Post a Comment