Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whoop Moffit Vienna Lager - Part 3

A significant variation on a German Lager from The Complete Joy of Homebrewing
O.G.: Unknown - whoops!
F.G.: 1.18

I'm just going to come out and say it: I probably ruined this lager. It went into the secondary fermentation bucket on October 11. That's right... nearly three months ago. The beer tasted alright, so I did bottle two dozen bottles, but I did detect a high amount of yeast in the flavor. I suppose that I'll find out whether or not it's drinkable in two weeks. Oh, and note to self: GET A BOTTLE TREE!

On a lighter note, was nice having Ramius here to keep me company while bottling. Hopefully the little scamp will be up here more frequently this year - maybe he'll keep me from ruining any more batches...

I bet Ramius is wary of this batch too

No comments:

Post a Comment