Saturday, October 8, 2011

Elbro Nerkte Brown Ale - Part 2

A take on a Brown Ale from The Complete Joy of Homebrewing
O.G.: 1.04
F.G.: 1.01
ABV: ~3%

About 2 dozen done, 2 dozen to go!
It has been only seven days since Ramius and I started this brew, and we've just bottled it. I cannot get over just how fast this beer fermented - definitely have a feeling that this will be a go-to brew in the future depending on how it turns out.

I've noted several times in the past how it takes a long time to bottle by one's self, and that held true today. Luckily, it has been quite gloomy out and I didn't allow myself very many distractions during the sanitizing and bottling processes. I managed to bottle everything within about a half-hour period, which is a new record bottling time. Perhaps things went by so quickly because I finally put all the bottles at arms reach rather than all across the apartment (I know this should have been done earlier, but what are you gonna do?).

The final bottle count was four dozen. I changed the amount of beer that I siphoned out of the carboy in an attempt to minimize the amount of extraneous yeast in the final product.

Be sure to check back in about 7-10 days for a description of the final product of this and the Belgian White!

Running out of storage space!

No comments:

Post a Comment